Satellite anyone?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Weekender, Oct 7, 2007.

1. I'm looking for a very low orbit satellite to take shots of Alum Creek while the water is so low. ; ) Seriously, I had a ball Saturday morning just trolling around taking pictures of exposed structures. Has anyone ever tried compiling pictures like this for reference when the water is high again? Might be cool to incorporate some GPS mapping as well? Thoughts?

2. Get a Humminbird side imaging sonar. You are able to see the bottom in near picture quality images no matter what the water depth is. I got one this year and I would hate to fish without it already.

3. Just a thought! But have you ever heard of GIS. Well that's what I do full time and would be glad to assist in anything you need. It's a very powerfull program and can do exactly what you want. It uses satellite imagery and is very accurate. If you know the gps locations, it would be a breeze!

4. Go to www.local.live.com zoom in on the lake then click the bird's eye view. The shots are taken from airplane and you can see every laydown. The lake is somewhat iced over in the pictures so they're at least a year old.