satelite views?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by freyedknot, Dec 8, 2008.

1. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

are there any sites to see live views from the pc?

2. I just click on the beach cam and pray for spring. Hard to believe the first day of winter is still 2 wks away :( .

3. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

www.flashearth.com is what you are looking for. Select different Map Sources at the top-left to get better images of the areas you want. Microsoft With Labels is my favorite. The NASA one is live, or taken once a day.

4. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Crappie Hunter

5. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

Can't wait for Spring, Morels and all. I'll ice fish a few times just to get out but I never catch anything....can't sneak up on 'em!

Glad there are some live images out there, the ones I looked at in the past are always old photos.

6. You will not find a streaming (live) version of satellite imagery. Too easy for a bad guy to see a good guy's stuff. All images are vetted from the satellite owner, through whatever download sites have access. Then the images are made available for public use (after certain areas are made less useful). I'd be really surprised if there are actually daily updates to any imagery. That amount of revisit time would cause a lot of work for people.