close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

sat. night fishing at cj

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by monsterKAT11, Aug 8, 2004.

1. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

went fishing at cj tonight, caught 6 channel cats, all about 1/2 to 1 lb. possibly one that was 1 1/2....beleive it or not they were ALL caught on stinkbait!!

2. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

whats the best bait out there for night fishing, i tried shad but no luck, i used whole and my dad tried some cut, but nothing at all of it. we also had some worms out. anyone know if chicken livers work?

3. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

i'm close to the springfeild area we're really trying to start getting out where ever we can to fish, mainly channel cat but i am really hopeing to get out and fish for some flathead, i hear theres none in cj but i'm wanting to get to the GMR, just can't seem to get a good exact location, i think i've narrowed down all the good catfish spot around here to cj, paintcreek, and the GMR. i just need to get out more

4. I have not seen many trout lines or drop lines set around here. I have not seen any jugs out on the rivers around here. Try any of these methods and you may be surprised whith the size that you catch compared to a rod. I have had great nights by putting a small fish, sucker, shad, or sunfish on a rod with sinker that is heavy enough not to let the fish swim away. Put the bait right infront of a set of roots or log and turn on a egg timer. If you do not get a bite by the time the timer goes off reel in and drift down to the next set of roots. I have had great success with this. Have a good hook set. Walter.

5. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

thanks i'll probably try that, right now i'm concentrating on trying to get out on the GMR. i've never been out for flatties, just mainly channel