Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am planning to go out of Conni Sat. morn for perch as we did well last Fri., any update would help. Then heading in and going to Bula for eyes, I don't know if this sounds rediculous or not? Most of the hot eye reports seem to be coming from there and it will be on the way home. We just won't get an early start on the eyes as others will but hope to get in on the action to end our day. Please chime in with your thoughts, I'm open to suggestions. Starting GPS locations, harness colors, blade types will help. Thanks

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Why not just perch in Bula? The fish are there...just read MercuryJoe's report from last week...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After doing so well out of Conni last Fri. in just 2 hrs. I hoped to duplicate that, run in, get the fish scaled. Planned to trailer the boat, run to Bula and out to the walleye waters. However after listening to Snug Harbor Bait shops report up until 3 am was calling for 2-4s maybe 5s. We got up anyway at 2:20 am and made ready to go, did decide though to hit Bula instead, poor or no bait at Conni. Got loaded up, went to back the Suburban out and found I'd left the key on acc. when I rolled windows up earlier in the week. The already bad, had just gone worse, I drive a diesel and it takes 2 good batteries to start. Jumping was not effective, unloaded went back to bed, I'm sure my little grandson was crushed. This was to be his 1st perch trip, he loves to fish. Please give me an update at your conv., winds are calm in central OH at 9:15am. Wish I was on the water but for some reason it was not to be. Good Luck fishing today!

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
sorry to hear about your bad luck. but maby it was for the best. 2 to 4,s isn't always the best conditions to start a young fisherman out fishing for perch. I've found that 2 to 4,s usually means much bigger than the forcast. they don't account for the drop in front of the 4 ft wave which makes it much bigger than 4 ft.

I have an 8 yr old grandson that just love to fish erie with us. but he doesn't care much for 2 to 4 ft waves because they are always bigger than the forcast. there is just nothing like fishing with my crew. my oldest son and his wife and my grandson makes up my normal crew. good luck the next time you plan to go out.
sherman

·
AKA Dnavarroj
1,364 Posts
I fished conni for perch friday. Got 1 trolling for walleyes. Got that perch in ashtabula. Walleyes in ashta. very nice. 4 line, heading north east. and 41 west line. very gooooood size. water 2 to 4s all day. not fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts