Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing was excellent again this weekend. Caught 55 fish on our first drift Sat. by 9:30. Continued to catch and release for another hour. Sunday fishing was just as good and 4 of us caught 24 walleye by 9:30. All fish were taken on two hook gold harnesses suspended off the bottom. One thing that may be of help is that we are using a faster retrieve than normal. Another couple of observations. #1) I saw more mayflys today than any day this year. What this will do, who knows? #2) We are catching about 5 to 8 little walleyes everyday that do NOT reach the 15 inch size limit. I was told that there are more of these than the ODNR originally thought.

Good Luck, Jared

www.dickrhode.com

·
Registered
20 Posts
I see you coming in very early every weekend and sometimes on Fri........it makes me sick. My neighbor (catch-n-eye) verifies everything you say too. That is why I love your reports!
Mike Mayle

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Jared,
What part of the lake are you fishing in?
Thanks,
Ron

·
Administrator
9,450 Posts
All fish cleaned Saturday had Mayflies inside. Yuck!

·
Lake Erie Charter Captain
3,478 Posts
Yes I agree with Jared's reports !! Fishing out in the western Basin Has been Great !! We have also had limit catches every Trip Out ! I have not changed the Lure on my rod in weeks. Same Gold blade single hook Worm Harness. And yep Some days it is not uncommon to be back at the dock before 9 or 10 am. And on the slow days it is noon !!
So put away the trolling gear for now and start casting until the bite slows. Nothing better than fighting a walleye on a nice spinning outfit.
Keep up the reports Jared !!

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
We are fishing straight north out of PC about 13 to 17 miles depending on the day and conditions.
Thanks Jared
I haven't been that far east yet, but i haven't caught that many fish on one drift either.
Thanks
Ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts