Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Club took a trip this spring to Santee Cooper. This was are 2nd trip in 3 years. We had a good time regardless. But we didnt catch a ton of fish. As a long time river fisherman, I wasnt about to pay a guied. We just payed attention to what the locals where saying. We did not catch allot of Blues but the White pearch and Strippers where fun. The Biggest Blue was only 17lbs. The must notable catch was a fresh water american eel. That slimed all 3 of us on the boat and the boat. It was around 4ft long and very strong. The trip was planed to take place in southern IL. But due to high water we changed up at the last min. The thing about Santee is the amount of fish that are taken out of the lakes daliey, Is mind bogaling. One cant help to think how long these waters can continue to keep up with the amount of anglers that take such a large amount of fish every year? If we go back next year we will go in march. The weather will be much cooler and as we flirted with the spawn on the last trip, It wont be a factor then. The locals said dont buy the Herring use the White pearch, Live and cut. Thats how we cought what we did. Allthough a few where caught on the Herring along with the eel. There where 7 of us total and all Boated at least one Blue. We have a viedo on are site of the eel and some of the fish that where caught on my boat @ www.cscohio.com Or on youtube on the CSCOhio channel.

We plan on heading to Southern IL Aug. 25-28th 2011 so far 4 Commited and room for 2 more. Theres a few pics of past trips to are honey hole in IL. on are site. If your a Ohio Angler that would like to be envolved in some of are events, Please feel free to sign up.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts