close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sandy Beaches

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by TIGHTLINER, May 22, 2005.

1. I know this sounds overly bizarre, but have you guys ever heard of people catfishing the sandy beaches in the state parks on the local reservoirs at night in the mid summer months? I wouldn’t think that the sandy bottom would be an ideal spot, however another gentlemen used the ideology that people are dirty, and they attract the catfish into their all day, and so they hang in there at night. I really don’t know how I feel about this. What do you guys think?!?!?

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Justin I have tried it before, it never worked for me anyway.

3. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I've caught white bass from a boat in front of beaches.

4. HeeeeHeeeeeeHeeee ...... never heard that one before, must be some really dirty stinky people if they bring in the catfish, what they do ... rub shad oil all over themselves.

In all seriousness, i have fished several times at beaches on reservoirs at night and have caught several channel catfish ( nothing besides channels though ) It's not one of my top picks as far as the spots i fish at local lakes but i have fished them

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

alot of the beaches has a decent amout of vegitation growning near by too.

6. Fishing sand at night I like to drag worms with the bullet sinker turned backwards to make some noise fishing for bass and have caught a few cats that way too...

7. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Justin,
    To answer your question.... Just plan on an all nighter with us on one of our local reservoir's... and then we'll let you decide for yourself :D

8. One possibility is that people in the water stir up the bottom sediment, which attracts bait fish, which in turn attracts the catfish and bass.

9. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I don't see any reason why this wouldn't be true. I've caught plently of channel cats in swimming areas. My folks were members at a private lake when I was growing up, in the evening the swimming area was awsome for big channels.