close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sandusky River

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Ddog0587, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Ddog0587

Ddog0587 Fish Ninja

Hey all. I havent seen many Sandusky River reports. I went out yesterday near Tiffin and did pretty well. Caught 6 Channel between 8" and 16", 4 smallmouth between 8" and 15" and a tiny minnow-like fish, all in about 2 hours. i caught all 4 smalies in about 5 min and had a nice double. I was mainly using worms but caught a 14" smallie on a small spinner. How has everyone else been doing on the Dusky???

2. Sounds like a pretty good day!. Were you fishing from shore/wading or canoe? I grew up fishing the Sandusky, and live in Canton now, so don't get to fish it too often. My guess is that you caught a creek chub, the little ones looks more like a minnow. I've only gotten to the Sandusky once this year. We launched a boat at the Tackle Box in Fremont and ran north. Caught catfish and sheepshead mainly. You ever fish the stretch north of the dam in Tiffin? My buddy said you can run a boat in that stretch too? Good luck.

3. Ddog0587

Ddog0587 Fish Ninja

I fish from shore. set up my poles in a nice hole and sat. i have fished up near wolfcreek park and did ok. the water level was low and i fished from 9-11. i caught most of the fish between 10:10 and 10:35. i caught the 4 smallies and 3 cats between then. i think ill hit tht spot tomarrow morning :). im hoping to get up on some nice size cats.

4. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

kool catches. Glad to see a nearby river is producing fish!

5. Ddog0587

Ddog0587 Fish Ninja

Went back today!!! went a little further north to a spot the produced for me in the spring.......NADDA....went south a bit. 8" sucker..........went to my new spot i went to yesterday and..............within 5 min BOOM! A beautiful 23 inch Sucker!!! next cast BOOM! 20 inch carp. Can any one say Honey Hole :). i left after only 15 min though. Girlfriend was getting eaten up by Mosquitoes.