close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sandusky River-ypu pick this fish!

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cheezemm2, Sep 16, 2004.

1. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

I'll be going up near the Tiffin area this coming weekend...Carp, Channels, or Smallmouth? You guys pick what I fish for...I'm undecided this weekend!

2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I offer no opinion on this post. But......you can check out my signature if you like ;) :D There is plenty of ground down there to cover actually. We were sitting in Shellshuckers back in May and the carp were jumping down there. Bout drove me nuts. I was willing to give up beer and steak for those fish.......but the family won :)

3. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

Shellshuckers.....my dad about killed me when he was up there and I didn't tell him there was a river right by the restaurant/hotel :eek: You wouldn't believe how many carp are in that river....if you have corn and bread.....wow...I caught 8 in an hour and that was in a VERY small area...great river and fun fish....I've never weighed any of em, but I think the biggest was about 25"...maybe I'll do a little of both...start wading for smallies, then finish the day banking it for carp and channels...I have about 3-4 hours of time when the lady is watchin her sis's highschool sports!

4. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I'm gonna try to get permission to set up a swim on their property with my brolly and everything. LOL. Likely not the best scenery when you are eating in there, but that wall looks VERY enticing up there.

5. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

doood..u never told me about this place...do they deliver to the brolly?? :D

6. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Dude....you can bet your money they won't let you set up to fish there ;) IT's riverview dining.

7. If the weather has been anything like it has been in the Northeast (Cold, Wet, Rainy) at your location, I would fish cut Gizzard Shad for Channel Catfish. With all of the high muddy water, you have a good chance of hooking into some real brutes.......TightLines!

8. we've been lucky up and over here and not gotton any after effects of the hurricanes. all the rivers up here are low and clearing up fast. its supposed to be dry all this week last time i checked and river fishing should be perfect next week. about time.

9. Cheezemm2 ---- If you have a little exta time you my want to check out the Heritage festival. Some of my friends will be playing mountain man, throwing Hawks and knives. There my be some shooting of the long rifles. Living in Te-pees, cooking on open fires and such.

If by chance you should see a old guy on the river wearing buckskins and a dead coyote on his head,fishing for crappies --- It'll be me. :)

http://www.senecacounty.com/visitor/
    click on attractions & events at the bottom

10. The river north of town offers several miles of wadable fishing that is terriffic for smallies and ?? on a fly rod. Start just below the old Huss Street dam and work north. There are some holes but nothing that'll swallow you.