sandusky river largemouth

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fshnfreak, Aug 28, 2008.

1. fshnfreak

fshnfreak I fish therefore I am!!

sorry for the late post guys. i caught these two nice largemouth this past sunday evening. both fish hit a jointed jitterbug fished very slowly around fallen timber. i started off using my only black booyah buzzbait and on the 1st cast a real pig smashed that bad boy and got me wrapped up around a log and broke me off. but heres the two fish i did manage to land. both fish were very healthy and chunky not much color but still nice river bass. on my digital scale they both weighed in at just a hair over 2 lbs.

Attached Files:

2. Both of those fish look the same ha but nice catch and photos.

3. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

Nice fish
    Up around tiffin?
    How were the weeds and water clarity?
    good Job!

4. nice fish... bank or boat fishing, and where abouts on the river were you?

Ryan

5. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

That is the same fish, LOL.:D Or identical twins.:p

6. fshnfreak

lol ya i screwed up and posted the same fish twice my bad. anyway the other fish was a lil smaller but still nice none the less

7. fshnfreak

well i was fishin with a very near and dear to me fishin buddy who made me swear not to divulge the exact location but i can tell u we were north of tiffin fishin from a boat. and from what he tells me these fish dont get near the pressure of most public water fish and he wants to keep it that way. i hate being like this but i can understand his dilema. with land owners being the way they are anymore and rightly so. its just so hard to find good waters he doesnt want someone to ruin that. we have had so many good holes ruined by word of mouth its not funny. maybe its just me but is it wrong to be secretive? i mean theres a local privately owned quarry near tiffin and the bass fishing used to be phenominal. i mean 4lbers caught on almost every trip. now people have just raped it and it literally sucks. so i hope u guys dont think im rude but i love to fish and i would like to keep some things to myself.

8. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

Nothing wrong with wanting to keep a location to yourself. I still enjoy seeing pictures and hearing about someone's time on the water whether they choose to name a location or not.

Don't feel bad or guilty about being secretive - fastest way to ruin a good spot is to advertise it.

9. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

i don't think your being secretive...
    North of tiffin is good enough if you know the river...
    Thanks
    Looks good!