Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Multi-Species Fanatic
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was down in Fremont today, river was up and muddy, not many folks fishing. I stopped by the 'wall' on front street - only 4 people fishing. I saw first hand one of the guys did have a bucket full...

Also talked to Rob at Riverfront Marina and he said it has been slow - not the fishing- but the number of fishermen out trying. The few customers that I did talk to said they were doing 'fair' on the W.B.

Just thought I'd pass on the info to everyone, I'll prolly take the boat out this weekend - north of Fremont- and have a first hand fishing report to give.

Tight lines

·
Super Moderator
3,988 Posts
fish are there but you have to fish the distinct seams on the river.
the current is a bit too much for anyfish right now.

·
Fish Ninja
147 Posts
whew, glad to see everyone else was having trouble. for a minute there i thought i was a failure of a fisherman:)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Drove across the river tonight and it is a flippen mud hole and high. Got a couple blocks from the river and saw a kid walking with a stringer that had about 8 w.b. on it and a 2 gallon bucket with probably a half dozen fish in it. Couldn't believe it. Proof is in the puddin. I think sunday at the earliest for any half way decent water.

·
Registered
9 Posts
current is strong, fish are there though, but most people taking them the last few days since the storms are snagging them. yes snagging hard to believe till you go down there and see with your own eyes and do it yourself. there in there thick but the water is very muddy and strong current hard to get them to bite.
hopefully by the weekend things will pick back up on sunday and monday fishing was good.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My brother said alot of people had stringers full of fish. Water is up and muddy but fishable (barely) It would probably worth the trip. Not the best of conditions but the fish are there. Sunday would probably be the best day for the weekend, but you might catch as many on sat. Thats all I got gonna look for some shrooms before it gets dark. good Luck

·
Multi-Species Fanatic
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I fished today and did terrible, I was north of Fremont - maybe downtown did fine. I had 4 boats within eye sight and saw only a few fish (White Bass) caught in the several hours I was at it. I did catch some Bluegill, Catfish, White Perch, and one Carp. The wind was real annoying.

Weather continues to look like an issue - so far M/T look good with thunderstorms through the rest of the week. Who knows though, they seem to be wrong more than right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts