Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
We had a tough day on Saturday SW of KI. I couldn't really fish any other areas due to the waves. I think we had 25 perch in 4 hrs for 3 guys. One was 10" and the others were all only 7-8". Both Sunday and Monday I decided to stay home instead but some of my buddies reported to me that they tried off CP, south passage, KI airport and none of them had real good success either. Its definitely not worth baking in the July sun for those kinds of days IMO. I think I'll just wait a few more weeks or maybe run to either Vermilion or Avon my next trip where the reports have been much better lately. I will probably run that direction Saturday and Sunday morning just to get out and will most likely have an open seat or two either day if you want to make that trip.

·
Registered
715 Posts
we perched fish sunday afternoon after getting our limit of walleye and it was a tough bite after 3 moves we only had 3, then around 6pm we moved to the 27 19 (just east of vermillion 39 fow) and got our 60 fish by 8 pm they were small 8-9 inchers with a few big ones. When the wind kicked up from the east it was game on.

·
retired pipefitter120/669 sprinkler fitter
1,518 Posts
We fished Sun close to the K/I shoal green bouy(#6) pulled a double wb told the wife this is not good. I droped down again 10" perch this is good we ended with 60 perch wt 21.25# not a bad catch. It was a mix 8"-11" not a lot of junk after the inital double wb.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I fished on Monday, and the water was dead calm, the bugs were bad and the fishing was SLOW. I didn't mange one perch, only white perch and sheephead, and one small whitebass. Also the algae is starting to flare up in the Sandusky Bay. Not good!

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
A good spot to try if not too rough is Kelly's island shoal, try just 2-300 yds south of the can, 32 ft of water, was throwin back 8 inchers awhile back, if that doesn't pop, try just east of the can a 1/4 mile, 46-47 ft of water, perch love that bowl. Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts