Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking about taking the family to fish for cats in the bay but wanted to know how the water looked before heading up from Columbus. Or should we wait until next weekend? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Might try tomorrow or Monday but might be better to wait until after the holiday

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
No pressure fishing rte 2 bridge, saw maybe 5 boats there today. A pontoon is usually Scotts Charters, catfish charter.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Finally made it to the bay. Took my wife Saturday and headed out with our super secret dyno bait.
We trolled around using side imagining for a while looking for fish. As we didn't get out there till 11:30 the really good looking spots had people on them. We found a spot by one of the bridges and tossed in a couple rods. Within 5 min I picked up a 10 pounder and was feeling pretty good. Picked up a couple smaller ones and then my wife latched on to one.
Fish was 35" long. I didn't weigh it but I'm guessing somewhere around 30 lbs. Picked up a couple sheephead, tried another location and ran out of the secret bait. Called it a day with some great pics.
Glad we finally made it.
Love me some Lake Erie....

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Shrimp, some add garlic, chicken breast, liver, night crawlers, hot dogs, red hot smokies... on and on. They seem to pretty much eat anything. The most popular seems to be shrimp. With the fisherman anyway, not sure how the cats feel about that...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts