Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be heading to a camp ground this weekend near Cedar Point with the family. I am thinking of taking the Hobie Outback and curious if anyone else has experience kayak fishing in that area. I don't plan to venture terribly far out and just plan to stay in some of the coves off the main bay. Any suggestions are appreciated for target species and baits this time of year. I have heard there are some nice crappie in there but not sure if they have moved back out yet. Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Catfish. Cats will be anywhere you can find the water moving (i.e current) and something that creates a break (i.e. bridge abutment, point, cut, etc.) The catfishing is world class in Sandusky bay. Buy frozen, raw shrimp at Walmart, use a Carolina rig with a circle hook (or a perch spreader with snelled circle hooks works too). You can anchor up or drift along...depends on your preference. Once you find them, it won't take long for the rod tip to be in the water. You'll want to keep your offerings just off the bottom if you can, but in the mud is fine too. They'll find it. There are some very, very large channel cats in Sandusky Bay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts