close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sandusky Bay Crappie

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by RONK, May 24, 2004.

1. Fished Saturday & Sunday around Marblehead & did real well on the crappie. Got up there Sarurday at about 1:30 in cloudy conditions. Fishing with the wife, using minnows & I couldn't keep 2 rods in the water. Action was fast & furious for 1/2 hour until the sun came out, then it shut down completely. Sunday we got most of them casting tube jigs. Got 25 Saturday & 35 Sunday. Lots of fun & fillets.

2. Sounds like you cashed in this past weekend. You weren't the only one my friend. Isn't it something how they turn on again and off ? I'm at just before first light and right at sundown and I find they are running bigger this year and all over the area besides.
    So it was good news , your post , I figure it may start to taper off after this week.
    Keep it up,
    JimG

3. Glad you got into some crappie. I was up there last weekend and didnt get a single one, the weather was pretty bad cold and rain. Good job.

4. Way to go Ronk, sounds like you had a blast. I just started fishing for crappie this year. I was wondering if you were on a boat or from shore? And when you say marblehead, Marblehead area in general or by the light house. I know crappie fisherman are pretty tight lipped so I'll understand if I don't get a reply.

Thanks.