close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sandusky Bay Catfishing- 6/17

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jimofcfd, Jun 17, 2007.

1. jimofcfd

jimofcfd Member

Went fishing with the family from 6 to 8 PM by near the Rt. 2 bridge; we caught 22 channels, 5 Sheepsheads, and 1 white perch. Everybody had a ball.

[​IMG]

2. Nice work Jim. Sounds like a great day with the fam. Oh and Go Fliers!! ;)

3. Hey Jim, I fished that area last weekend in a tourney put on by the bait shop in Bayview. It was a two day event and the biggest catfish won. I didn't have it. But what I did have was a great time! Three guys, me, my younger brother and his son age 16. Wasn't worried about GPS way points, Dipsey Divers, Jets, worm harnesses or compass headings etc... (been hitting the walleye pretty hard lately) just had enough night crawlers for the day, bologna sandwiches and cold Pepsi in the cooler and great conversation with the boys.

If it had been a sheephead tourney we may have been in the money, but it wasn't. I caught one that would have put me on the cover SI! Didn't matter.
    We were fishing in a place where we use to catch cats all the time when I was a kid. Next time, take your crew to the railroad bridge. Throw an anchor 1/2 way between the draw bridge and the southern cut. Stay about 40 yards off the tracks and cast towards them. Let me know how you do. Yes, you will catch some junk fish (which never really bothered me) but you will catch some nice cats too! The three of us caught over 70 in two hours and fifteen minutes on Saturday and over 77 on Sunday. It's a great spot so don't tell anyone.
    Good luck!
    LEJoe

4. jimofcfd

jimofcfd Member

Thanks for the info LEJoe. I've never tried there. Last year we caught some 25"cats by the north end of the old bridge where the water is around 17 feet deep.