Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hot is the sandbar for walleye? Thinking of heading out by water from Rocky River this weekend. Have seen some good posts that it is picking up but due to distance debating if the voyage is worth it yet.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Long haul from RR to bar. Got to believe there are eyes around Avon Point both skinny and deeper. Try skinny water, then look for 'em off Avon Point. Ya can get a long way out in deep water with half the run.

Good luck...be safe out there.

·
Banned
362 Posts
The water and the fish look exactly the same. Southern end of the bar is probably a little more than twice the run to avon, 1.25 hour run? Any wind change or storm and it would be a really long ride home. Then to get to the bouy is another15-20 miles out there. Fish all over but you still have to find them and get them to bite.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys as I knew it seemed a bit crazy. Did it once last year and had a lot more luck out there is why I was entertaining it again. Seems like Avon is not a bad option though. Been trying the skinny water locally a few times with limited success unfortunately. Certainly see others are having better luck or most likely just better fishermen LOL. Just looking to increase my odds to overcompensate my lack of skills :). Other than Skinny Water off Avon what depths is everyone having success lately with?

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Sand bar is located between Vermilion and Lorain.

Go to the Erie links above the Erie reports. Find the Central basin GPS map/chart. Print it out and use it to locate all landmarks, depths, contours etc between Huron and Avon Point.

Sandbar is N of Beaver Creek mabybe 5-6 miles out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts