close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sam Rayburn and Lake Fork

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by CARP 104, May 2, 2004.

1. I'm sure you all have heard of these two famous bass lakes but I wanted to find out if anyone else has been there. A little over a year ago we decided to go try out Sam Rayburn and when we got there I cought one on my first cast! Didn't get any bass in the boat larger than the ones we catch around here in central Ohio though, but one around 3lbs got off after about 4 jumps out of the water. It was very overcast that day with slight drizzles.

The next day we headed to Lake Fork in hopes to increase our luck. We were out there for not even an hour and had a nice largemount around 4 lbs get off. We continued to fish with no luck, even around all the submerged trees and logs everywhere in the lake. Later in the day we were getting ready to call it quits and hit one more spot, within 5 minutes I cought a nice 4lb largemouth right by our boat. About 5 minutes after that I landed a 3.5lb largemouth in the same area, and about 15 minuets later I landed another 3.5lb largemouth....all during the last hour of fishing. What a lake, I want to go back there someday.

Has anyone else been to these lakes?

2. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

Back when I lived in Houston, I occasionally made it up to Rayburn & Livingston. Both are nice, big lakes with loads of bass & crappie. Never made it to Fork though. I mostly used to spend time on Lake Conroe as it was close to Houston.

3. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Lundy is the guy to ask about Lake Fork Bassin'

4. I fished Lake Conroe about 4 years ago. I remember a lot of rain and a lot of big slab crappies. How is that lake for bass?

5. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

Not bad if you know where to hit. Also decent for catfish as well.