Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally dealt me up a Commander s-70. I’m in need of some lubrication for my vocals. 3hrs of back and forth to cut a deal. This one is light round count. The only thing I don’t like is the smooth grips. Have to kick out some stock checkered walnuts. Only get one mag with pistol. Have several anyway. Now to find a decent holster.
BA3E362E-427F-4CB6-B914-14AFF651FD1F.png

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
very nice. Love a good wall hanger.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m backing off of 1911s for awhile. Haven’t had so many at one time for years. Didn’t get no ammo with this one. As much as I hate to do it going to load up a couple hundred 45acp to plink. Don’t want to pee away my factory stuff. My Bro has already offered me a pair of Flo Green Zombie, I took a pass, holding out for walnut.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finding Commander is going to save me money. I’ve bought 5 series 70 Colts, 1 Springfield 1911 , while looking.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glocks are like Toasters, they beak throw them in recycle bin and get another.

·
Registered
832 Posts
The nice thing about buying 1911's is you will get your money back if you ever need to sell. Glocks..... not so much.
What world are you living in? There's not a gun in my safes that haven't went up in value atleast 25% in the last year and a couple 300%.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know a thing or two about values. There are exceptions to everything but in general resale on plastic isn’t very good. Don’t think this COVID panic is permanent. When it’s over a lot of guns will be on used market. The bulk of them is going to be plastic, because they are least expensive. So right now guns of CC & HD have risen in price, so has plywood.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Every time there is a major storm worth power outage, the stores have a run on generators. The prices are scalped too. Bout a year of smooth sailing goes by and the generators start to show up in garage sales and flea markets. The people who were scared into buying a gun by present social situations bought plastic ( with plastic ) when things calm down, all those plastic pistols are going to glut the used pistol market. Right now shooter classic hunting rifles and shotguns are as low as they have been since I can remember. New generation has no interest in them. Only true collector grade stuff has any real worth. Handguns are funny. These off the wall European auto pistols are the new collectibles. No to shoot just to collect.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I haven’t seen any good deals on shotguns or rifles up on the Northcoast. Although my network isn’t as big as yours is Drm50 but I do agree with you in regards to the value of the non plastic guns. If you buy a S&W wheel gun and a Taurus poly wheel gun both at $500 today I would imagine in 5 years the Taurus will still be between $4-500 Mark while the the S&W will be around $600

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I found a nice set of checkered walnut original Colt grips for my new Commander. They were a little expensive. Seems they are screwed on another Colt Commander, 68 Vintage. Wont get it till next week. Wait till mama comes home, I’m sure she will be proud of me. Still need grips!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts