close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Saltwater flies

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by Flyfish Dog, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

I am just about ready to go. Few more to add in the next few days. So here is some picture of just my loaded salt box.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. are you going to use bite tippet? if so what do you use?

3. Go purchase surflon mono coated wire! You can tye it onto your leader or tippet. Make a haywire twist and burn it so the plastic barely melts for the connection to the fly! I use it for light line salt water.

4. cool---looks like bones /permit and a few toads for tarpon---all flats stuff but what are you going to do with the clousers?----look at the latest issue of "Flyfishing in Salt Water" ---there is a good article on tarpon by Andy Mill

5. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

I got some of Rio toothy critter type leaders with coated wire bite tippet. Works good so far. But Surflon is one of best out there and not seen it around here but will pick up plenty of it when I get down there. I havent got to the Andy Mills part yet. FFSW magazine is one of my favorite reads since you can pretty much use the same flies for bass and muskies.

6. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

The clousers and sand fleas will be used on the surf if the conditions are ideal. I will be fishing Pellicer Creek Area and be over Ocala area also for bass and what ever I can catch on the fly rods.

7. I have been trying to bust my personal best on the Musky, and I rather go fishless and in hopes of beating my 48.25" using wire rather than losing it!

8. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

Sounds like fun!I will be getting back into the muskies this year and less trout fishing since I have more fun going after bigger fish.