close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

SaltFork Questions

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by MuskieRob19, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Hey everyone, I have never fished Saltfork Lake before and I am going camping there with a few friends for the weekend. We don't have a boat but plan on doing a lot of shore fishing. Can anyone tell me if any fish has been particularly hot down there and what bait to use. We fish for everything and release everything that we catch, by the way, so don't censor the info you have, it's all appreciated. Also, if anybody knows if there is any place to rent a small aluminum boat on the lake and the rates they would charge, that would be helpful as well.

Rob Tresino

2. Sugartree marina rents big and small boats, pontoons and jetskis. They're a bit expensive though.

There is decent fishing pretty much everywhere with live bait, and pretty good fishing around the docks with lures at any of the launches.

3. 14' Aluminum with 6hp gas motor will cost you $75-$100 for pretty much all day. Also, make sure you pay with a credit card, NOT CASH. I received a counterfeit $20.00 in change one weekend a few years back. :mad:

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

it seems like I caught a few bass down there a few years ago from shore fishing a weed bed by the swimming area and maybe by a boat launch, not too sure of the specifics on where.