close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Salt Fork

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bigcats28, Sep 1, 2007.

1. bigcats28

bigcats28 I'd Rather Be FISHING

How is the fishing at Salt Fork?

2. Fished it for 3 hours today from shore no hook ups but I had a muskie follow me up and another muskie exploded on a school of baitfish right in front of my sister in law the look on her face was priceless. good luck if you go. Johnny fish

3. I haven't heard lately, but check this site out. I believe at least once a week the post a fishing report for purty much all species. Good luck!!!

www.saltforkoutdoors.com

4. Fished Salt Fork Sunday afternoon and evening till dark,,,,what was i thinking ??? A zillion boats screaming every where. Never did any good and only a few weak bites. Water was 81 degrees and so churned up that I had to turn down the sensitivity on my sonar a good bit to see the bottom clearly.
    I think it will take a week for that lake to calm down and clear up. Saw some "huge" boats and some of those cigar boats zippin around,,,wow someone must have some bucks !!

5. sunday morning tournament (9/2) took almost 7 pounds to win. they pay three places and it took 4.10 to cash. a big 4lber took big bass. the lake is starting to heat up.

6. bigcats28

bigcats28 I'd Rather Be FISHING

my dad and i fished salt fork on sunday morning and didnt catch one decent largemouth, but did manage to find a school of white bass back in a bay and hammered them on rattle traps. Do you know what the largemouths were caught on?