close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Salt Fork

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fffffish, Mar 8, 2005.

1. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

Can anyone tell me if the lake has open water and can I launch my boat at the Morning Glory ramp it close to a 2 hour drive. My boat has been out of the watre so long i think it is starting to suffer from dry rot.

2. As of last weekend better than 75% of the lake was open. I believe Morning Glory is open but the main marina and Sugartree are both closed.

3. When are you planning for? With the cold weather, things will change fast.

4. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

I was hoping for this Thursday or Friday but I thing I will hold off and see what next week looks like. I woke up to a 9-degree temp and 3 inches of snow this morning. I would normally be fishing West Branch by now but its starting to look like it will be some time in April before I will be able to launch a boat there. Thanks for the reply

5. Minor

Minor Wannabe Fisherman

Drove to Salt Fork today to check the ice situation myself (was at the morning glory ramp and the one closest to the kimbolton exit, don't know the name). . . mostly open . . . a little ice in some of the smaller bays . . . but looked open for the most part . . . did see some folks working below the damn as well . . .hit wolf run as well . . .just to check it out . . .never been there before. . . no ice. . . .and did some traveling around the aeps lands (some have ice, some don't) hit the ones in conesville (sp?) and some near cumberland . . . .on vacation and have cabin fever . . . .logged 300miles today looking around . . .

6. JCS

JCS Member

those guys working below the dam are trying to get the leaks under control. the dam has 2-4 places were water is getting through.

JCS