Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything happening on the lake?Lookin for saugeye but may fish crappie as well.
Thanks Osprey

·
Registered
413 Posts
Friend, Saltfork is not a (go to lake) in the summer months for Saugeye,Walleye.
I've been watching for reports over the past 2 months and it's been quiet.
The Bass and cat fisherman have had some luck but that's been about it.
After a dozen trips that ended up as just a boat ride trying for Saugeye I'm speaking the truth.
Crappie can be found in 12' - 16' of water but it's a slow bight when you find them. Seneca Lake is good for Saugeye but it's a chore to get one over the 15" limit.
It's going to be the end of October before Saugeye start hitting, and then you have to fight the water turn over and heavy tree leaf layer floating on top.

Saltfork is not the lake it was years ago. It's a ski boaters/jet ski's lake now.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Just got back from a 3 night camping trip there. Fished hard for saugeye Tues evening, Wednesday and Thursday through the rain. Used a 1/4 oz jigging spoon, jig and grub tail tipped with a piece of crawler and some swim baits. Total catch for the trip was 3 small saugeye, 4 small cats, 3 small smallmouth, a dozen white bass, 1 two foot carp and 1 largemouth close to 4 lbs. Salt Fork is a great park and nice campground but sure is a tough lake to fish.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Friend, Saltfork is not a (go to lake) in the summer months for Saugeye,Walleye.
I've been watching for reports over the past 2 months and it's been quiet.
The Bass and cat fisherman have had some luck but that's been about it.
After a dozen trips that ended up as just a boat ride trying for Saugeye I'm speaking the truth.
Crappie can be found in 12' - 16' of water but it's a slow bight when you find them. Seneca Lake is good for Saugeye but it's a chore to get one over the 15" limit.
It's going to be the end of October before Saugeye start hitting, and then you have to fight the water turn over and heavy tree leaf layer floating on top.

Saltfork is not the lake it was years ago. It's a ski boaters/jet ski's lake now.
No it's not,used to love to go there fishing but don't waste my time anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts