close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

salt fork

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by osprey, Sep 29, 2004.

1. OK was planning a trip up to the big pond,but since the blow for two days I'm going to scratch that.Does any one know if salt fork is down enough to be fishable? Thank's,Osprey

2. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

i called down there Monday and they said the only boat ramp open is the one by the rental cabins and to use at your own risk.

I gonna go down Friday and try it out..... i just dont know the roads back there to get there....i usually put in at Kimbolton...... i know you gotta use Rte.22 entrance but after that ????? i hope the roads are well marked or if anyone knows....please post how to get to the cabins ramp..... thanks

edit: BTW-Welcome to OGF

3. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Welcome !!

I am also interested in what the water level is like.

Osprey, what were you targeting?? From boat or bank? I was thinking of catfishing there friday night, but was not sure if I want to fish there or not. If I go Friday, I will let you guys know what it is like!

4. wormbrain

wormbrain LUNDrider

I fished Salt Fork today. Water is about 3 foot above summer pool. No problem getting in at the rental cabin ramp. LiquidTension - once you enter the park off 22 - follow the signs toward the lodge. When you see a golf course to your left, start looking for "cabins" sign on the right. It's kind of hard to get lost up there... :)

Once you make the right turn onto "Cabin" road keep going till you hit the ramp and put your boat in the water and have fun fishing.

I was jigging today for saugeye and caught not one saugeye. Too many leaves in the trees for the saugeye bite. I caught a bluegill, then a few minutes later a 12" bass. An hour later I was fishing near the ramp - off the swimming beach which is underwater and a big cat took it and ran. I fish light line so this cat was fun. Ten minutes later I got this cat to the surface and a fellow fishing nearby trolled up and weighed the cat - I don't have a scale - but this fellow weighed my catch - 15 lb shovelhead.

Anyways - waters a bit high - but you can get in and out with no problem.

Have fun !!

5. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

thanks wormbrain (1st post welcome) for the heads-up..... my boats only 16.5 ft. should be no problem. man i cant wait to get there and put this week behind me. I'd imagine the lake is real calm and mud has settled as well, hence no pleasure boats. 'ppreciate it.. :)