close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Salt Fork, Wills Creek flatties 6/4, 6/5

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Hoss5355, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Headed out Friday night to Salt Fork and tried to brave the damp weather in hope of hooking up another decent fish from the new spot. Should have prolly stayed home that night. Fished until my buddy left at 10:30 and didn't have a run. I knew I wouldn't be able to stay out that late, but thought that I might get lucky in the little time we had. I left since I didn't want to stay out by myself, and wanted to get rest for Saturday night.

Headed to Wills Creek Saturday night and water had fallen a bit since last weekend. Got the rods out, just as the sun started to go down. Had the first run at a little after 9. It was a small 10 lber or so. He got off next to the rock I was on, just as another rod started going. Buddy missed that fish. It was his first time fishing for shovelheads, but the night got better for him real fast. About 9:30 he hooked a small 5 lber as his first fish. He was excited at the size of that one as his other pole started screaming. He set the hook and I knew it was a good fish by the bend. He fought it for almost 20 minutes, and in the end a 32 lber was in the net. Then one of my poles went as I had his in the net, and the small one on a rod in my other hand. Set the hook on it and it ended up hooking another one. It was the closest to a triple you could get. One right after the other. Ended up with 5 fish on the night, biggest 32 lbs. Others were all under 15 lbs. Was a heck of a night fishing for his first time and needless to say, he is hooked on fishing for these brutes now. He was still dreaming about it the next morning. All were released to fight another day. Tight lines,

Kevin

2. that is a great night. it is tough to beat fast-action flathead fishin. :)

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

great flathead action!

4. catking

catking Banned

Very nice night Hoss !!! Thanks for your report :) THE CATKING !!!

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Awesome night indeed.

Hoss, I fished Will's Creek dam on friday night. The water was up and just taking everything into the snags. I went last night and the water was down prob close to 4 feet from friday night. At the spot where I sat first, there was a rock that was barely under water. Well, about 4 hours later or so, the rock was out of the water about 3 inches or so. Anywho, had one good one on friday night, lost him.

Last night, caught one around 5 pounds before dark. had a few decent runs, but nothing came from them, then around 1030-1100, had a good one on, but he went into a snag and I lost him. Had one more good one on, but the fight was short. I don't think he got the hook in his mouth, cuz I could feel it pull through the bait. I am new to the flathead fishing, but I know I will get a good one eventually!