close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Salt Fork Sunday Morning

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Sr.Jigger, Jul 29, 2007.

1. I went back out to Salt Fork though I said I won't fish it again this summer. Got on the lake 6:00am fished untill 10:30am. This time I fished spots where I never normaly stop and did have some luck. Brought home 3 saugeye 15"-16" and caught 3 other saugeye dinks. Small catfish (12"-14") were hitting. I was using a crawler harnes with a orange blade + yellow blade and (no) weight. Fishing real slow with no wind, just cast and let fall slowly and lay, then short retrive and stop and lay, wait for a bite. I was fishing in 15' deep holes and pockets with 10' of water around. I was out from bank a good ways in open water.
    The lake is still down a ways even with the good rain we had Friday. The water is real warm. With my sonar it looked like the thermocline was forming at 15'.

2. BABS

BABS

Thanks for the info.

3. I fished there Saturday morning. Went bass fishing instead of Saugeye this time. Caught 5 bass and had 2 keepers. The first keeper came on a buzzbait and the second came on a norman crankbait in about 8 ft.of water.Overall not a bad morning !:)