Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Just looking for some tips for Salt Fork for this upcoming week. Have never fished here, but have fished Senecca numerous times. Any input would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

·
Woody in Akron
480 Posts
Hey OhioRiverRat,
I will be down there with my Ohiofisherman Group friends this weekend & maybe a couple days one way or the other....site G-54 cell# (330) 459-7697.
Hard to help as you didn't say what you plan on fishing for? There is a map available at the gas station getting off Rt. 77 called the Oldtimer's Fishing Map; costs about three bucks...suggest that you start there. We go down there pretty regularly...If you give me a holler or a PM, I'll be glad to help you any way I can. We'll be having a potluck dinner at my Campsite Saturday evening 6:30-7ish; feel free to stop in and say hello. Just ask for me. My Buddy C-Ray should be down there Tuesday...he is across from me in site G-4.
Good fishing,
Woody in Akron,
Portage lakes/Coventry

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Woody,
Sorry for not including more details. Largemouth and Smallies are my favorite targets. Have really struggled since moving to this area adjusting to the bass fishing. It's like day and night from fishing in the south. I also like to pick up a mess of crappie when I take my son and daughter. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Woody in Akron
480 Posts
Hey OhioRiverRat,

PM sent.
Smallies near the Dam. LM all over...try any bay, structure, or rocky coast.:D
The Pot-luck invite extends to include your family...theres usually a bunch of us we eat good!!!

Good fishing,
Woody in Akron
Potage Lakes/Coventry

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Made it up to Salt Fork on Thursday afternoon since Wednesday I would probably have been as wet as the fish. All the fresh water didn't help the fishing. Still caught 2 largemouth. Had a good trip all in all and learned some of the lake structure. Thanks for the help Woody.

·
Woody in Akron
480 Posts
Hi Mark,
Thanks for the report. Sounds like you did alright...I was there fishing Saturday and Sunday...got shut down on the Bass..we had a good bit of rain too; affected the fishing I'm sure; but picked up a couple Walleye and a Channelcat today (first one 17" on a Bassbait (LOL)...downsized to pick up the second on a twistertail...live bait tipping a crappie jig accounted for the Channel. Just glad that I caught some fish.
Good fishing,
Woody in Akron
Portage lakes/Coventry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts