close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

salt fork newbie

Discussion in 'Ohio Bait, Tackle, Taxidermy, etc. Marketplace' started by olhipy, Mar 12, 2005.

1. olhipy

olhipy olhipy

Hello,
    Am new to the site.Am moving my boat from Erie, to Salt Fork.
    Interested in any tips for catfish and walleye, thought this site would be a good start.Went last year a couple of times,did alright on 1-2lb channels,
    no luck on walleye or larger cats.
    Some what familiar with lake.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

WIFE SAYS FIND FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUSBAND DESPERATE TO SATISFY WIFE!!

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Hey Man, welcome to the site!

I can't help much for walleye, but I have caught some decent cats at Salt Fork. I usually fish the old covered bridge area. there is another place I fish in the spring for channels and have caught some real nice ones. Can't really tell you how to get to it by boat though :eek: I would say try fishing where creeks enter the lake. When we have a good rain and the creeks are filling into the lake good, you should be able to get into some decent catfish that way. Look for the baitfish too! there should be cats nearby.

Of course the lake offers plenty of wood cover to fish for flatheads. Just look around and I am sure you wll find some. Use the lively baits and don't be afraid to go big either.

Another thing, you may want to post in the southeast section if you are asking about Salt Fork. Might get more people looking at your posts there. Or even try the Walleye or Catfish section for general info on specific species.