close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Salt fork info please

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by gonefishin', Jul 13, 2007.

1. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

I am going to Salt Fork for 1st time Sat. The wife will be horseback riding and I will be canoe riding. We will camp in horse camp.

Just curious if any of you guys have any advice for a canoe fisherman.

Is there a tournament or anything I should know about going on out there?

2. Stay out of the ski zones. ;) The lake is narrow and the waves can be brutal on small boats.

3. FOR SURE - stay off the main lake! Or you'll feel like you're in the middle of the atlantic. Stay back in the coves - like back in where the Stone house is......it goes back in forever.

Good luck - I'll be out on the lake Saturday too...........ON THE JET SKI'S!!!!

4. If you can put your canoe in by the boat ramp there by the cabin area I talked to a guy who said he murdered the crappie in a cove directly accross from the docks, I was there a little more than a week ago and that area didnt seem to crazy with skiers and the such(matter of fact even seen a couple canoes) Good Luck.

5. Cabin ramps probably would be your best bet - that's close to the horse camp also. You have quite a good stretch of water in that area that's all no wake - between the main lake and the 2nd ski zone.

I don't think I'll be taking my boat down this weekend - but my buddies have a pontoon boat that we go (gulp) trolling on alot. They also mounted a trolling motor to the front - so we can do a little bass/crappie fishing.

6. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

I scoped it out Sat. when we got there, what a beautiful park!

I did see the ramps near the cabins and it looked good. Sometime we are going back and rent one of those cabins.

I ended up at a place just down from the horse camp off the main road. Very quiet and stumps everywhere. I thought I'd died and gone to fishing heaven. We fished that area till after dark and only one gill. I came back the next morning and fished for several hours and caught one LM 12" or 13".

It was so nice though, that made up for no fish. What a place.:G :F

7. I know right where you're talking........only thing I've ever caught in there were catfish - and who in the world wants to catch those stinky things???!

haha...........that should get a response.