Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be fishing down their next weekend and my question is what should I be doing? (trolling, drifting crawler harnesses, casting weight forward spinners, etc.) I have all the lures and tackle but have never targeted the eyes their always have gone after the crappie, gills', & bass if anyone could give me any advice i would appreciate it I really would like to put my father in law on some eyes as he is new to this lake and trying to learn it as he plans on spending some of his upcoming retirement time chasing fish:D any help would be great pm me if you would like and hopefully I can help with info for up here in northeast ohio thanks! Johnny Fish

·
Registered
41 Posts
johnny fish,
Don't know if this will help you any but I was there the 6th & 7th and picked up an occasional eye using an XCalibur Xt3 Twitch Bait. Pearl Melon color. Mostly casting the shoreline around rocks. Try around the cabin launch ramp area. Good luck. Let us know how you do.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I picked up several there this past weekend on a 1/4 oz yellow and green twister tail from the bank near the camper's beach and also a few on a white jig tipped with a piece of crawler twitching it through weed beds while out on the boat. I also caught one on corn while carp fishing, went to reel it in to check my bait and he grabbed it as soon as it moved. That's probably a last resort method though. ;)

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts