Salt Fork Crappie Report

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Sr.Jigger, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Water 64 degrees - 2' to 2 1/2' down from normal level - stained to dirty water. no wind.
    Kept 31 Crappie Monday 10" to 14" from 8:30am to 12:30.
    Fish were in 12' of water suspended and caught on minnows and 1/8oz jig with white twisters. 100' from shore line in deep area hole.

2. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

We'll be there this weekend, I hope we do as well as you did. Thanks for the report.

3. wormbrain

wormbrain LUNDrider

I was at Salt Fork Saturday. I put in at the cabins. Water is 1 foot below normal summer pool stain on launch pier. I talked to the park office and was told the lake will be drawn down starting at the end of this month - 3 feet below summer pool....

4. Has anybody did anything around the cabins??? I will be there next month.

5. Salt Fork is not a flood control lake and has never been drawn down in the past, except for the repair a couple years ago. Why are they drawing the lake down?

6. Procraft

Procraft Bass Hunter

They said the drawdown was to releive the pressure of the spring rains for next year. Why they can't wait till January is beyond me, still fishing time in November and December. The Morning Glory ramp will be shut down as it only has about 2 foot of water when full:(