close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Salt Fork Chapter Challenge results April 30th and May 1st

Discussion in 'Muskie & Pike Discussions' started by fffffish, May 8, 2005.

1. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

The Cleveland chapter won the challenge again this year. We took and early lead with a 45 incher caught by Nancy Cline fishing out of my boat after only 20 minutes on the water. The Cleveland chapter put 3 more fish in theirs boats and one of the other chapters got one before I had to leave for the day but we held on to the lead for the day. The next day I had to work so we did not get to fish. Some time Sunday morning Chapter19 took the lead away with a 47 incher caught by Mike Mihalko. Several other mid 30s fish were boated by our chapter. One other 46 incher caught by a guy that was not fishing the challenge some of the Cleveland members helped him with the fish his biggest to date. About 1 hour before the end of the challenge Sherman Chapman took the lead back for the Cleveland win with a 49.5 incher. I think the final count was 7 fish for the Cleveland chapter and 3 for the rest of the chapters combined.
    The final standings were Chapter 23, Cleveland wins with a 49.5 caught by Sherman Chapman ( est 38 - 40 lb). 2nd place Mike Mihalko ( Akron - Canton) 47 inches and 3rd place Nancy Cline (23) with a 45 incher
    The cook out at the campers beach was great Guy Bechter of Chapter 19 did the cooking and did a great job. We also had a free lure raffle all of the Chapters in attendance donated 5 lures to it and from what I heard the Campout that night was out standing. These types of events are always fun and I would tell anyone that has never attended one to not miss next years
    Here is a picture of Sherm and his winning fish
    Good Fishing

2. That thing is a hawg! Congrats. Never have caught a muskie yet. Had some follows and kept trying, but no luck.

3. That guy looks like I did sat night! What a work out!! :confused: