close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Salt Creek

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BobcatJB, Jul 13, 2008.

1. I fished Salt Creek for the first time this weekend, what a good looking stream. We did OK, with 8-10 smallies caught between myself and a friend. I don't hear much about this stream on OGF and was wondering if anyone has had good days there. Saw some really deep holes that looked great for cats and I think I may have seen a muskie attack some shad.

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

There just might be a reason you don't hear too much about it! ;)
    I basically grew up fishing that creek. I dont live down there but we have some land down there thats been in the family for 35 years. I sware a state record Rockbass is there.

3. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

h2o,did you go to school at logan elm?

4. H2O Mellon

no, I went to Fairborn about 2 1/2 hours away. lol

5. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

I grew up fishing Salt Creek as well. I grew up very close. One road over from Narrows Rd. I love them rockbass in there!

jeffmo, I went to Logan Elm - '83.

6. H2O Mellon

Sporty......

I crusied Narros Rd a few weeks ago. It looks a lot different now, POSTED sign everywhere. I miss the good ole days! I also saw where it looked like the old game reserve was out of business and up for sale.

7. sporty

I haven't been that far down Narrows in a while. I know the last time I went by, that high fence looked like hell.

We used to run all around that place - in fact "practice hill" was there behind the fence. There was a small pond back in there too. Fished, swam, camped 4x4'ed all around that area in the mid 80s. Just down on the corner we used to have a rope in the tree for swimming. A lot of youth spent on up the road too - around 56 and Narrows. Ahhhhh - the good ole days!!

8. where is this Salt Creek?

9. sporty

The part I'm most familar with runs through Hocking/Vinton counties - along 56 and Narrows Road.