Salmonid catches PB, 30lb Flathead

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by dinkbuster1, Oct 24, 2007.

1. went with Mark (Salmonid) today to a spot he found on the GMR about 2 months ago where he caught his previous PB flattie of 18lb. river was up about a foot and muddy, and about 62 degrees. caught on cut shad. we fished from 130pm to about 530 pm, fish came about 3pm. had 2 others that got off along with me losing one as well. fish was released to fight another day. welcome to the 30lb club Mark! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Congrats Mark!
    I never pegged you for a cat man, but a fish and a screaming drag will do in any storm, eh?
    Way to go!
    LMJ

3. Steelwolve

Steelwolve COCC- Director

Man Nice fish, bet that was a RUSH. CONGRATS....We also fished with those same conditions last night with a light rain on the Scioto and the channels were hitting like crazy, the weather is right.... time to grab the poles.

4. Dink ( my catfishing mentor along with Mellon) did a fine job of landing the fish on the first chance and after getting him out of a snag, i was certainly glad to see him being wrestled out of the water! We hooked a few others but they all came unglued, and did we mention it was down right cooooold out there today in the howling wind.

LMJ, Heck you name it, Ill fish for it and probably already have, the last 2 years I have put a serious focus on figuring out cats, got a new bigger boat and will spend most of this winter figuring out blue cats.....:D

Thanks for the pics Dink!
    Salmonid

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Congrats Mark, I am happy for you!

6. congrats on a very nice fish!!

7. firecat

firecat Larry Lange

Congrats Mark,

Hopefully the bigguns will be biting on the ohio on Sunday.

Larry

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Good job Mark. Sorry I got home so late ir I'd have called.

PS. You like like a dork in your picture!!!!! :p

9. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Congratulations on the big flathead.

Those things are something a fella likes to get after.

10. man - awsome fish! you have put in plently of time and where over due for a hog, so well deserved. Very cool that you caught out of your own spot as well.

Flats in the daytime? I'm confused:confused:

11. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

congrats on the nice fish mark, give me a call i will be home the 2nd and i want to get out for alittle bit

12. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

looks strikingly close in resemblence to the flathead H2O Mellon caught not too long ago....not saying anything negative by this.....but look at the "scar" on its head....and then check out the one that Bryan caught....could be....even resembles the same place he caught his.....could just be me though

anymatter--- GREAT FISH!!!! and congrats on the PB

13. Congrats on your PB:)

14. H2O Mellon

Mark,

Have you been fishing in my spot? You know the spot next to area 51, down river from spot 43, 3 clicks North of secret location 43? :p

15. H2O Mellon

Boy Dink, your getting really good at being the camera man! You've been there for three recent PB's! Your due to break your own PB soon! :B

16. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

bryan you forgot to mention netboy and camera man. He is a multi tool guy :p . I hope to get out next weekend if you guys are interested. And mellon the shad are in extremely thick at my spot, 10 inches and up