Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back last night from an amazing 3 day trip to the PM in Michigan. Went with my pastor his son and his new father-in law. Stayed with a friend from Ohio at a house he owns there. The fish were stacked in a few holes around his house, so we didn't even have to leave the comforts of his home. The guide boats even stacked up 2 deep in the hole on his property, but had to leave before noon, so then we got it until midnight. We got them on everything from eggs to buggers, to barber poles. I must have hooked into at least 100 fish myself. Just nonstop fun and great friends. The pictures really speak for themselves, so I will let them. A lot of fish over 36" I got 2 38's and the guy who owns the place got one over 40".

Attachments

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some more. Notice a few of the night pictures. We used glow in the dark flies and they were deep in the mouth. 2 guys to hold that fish over 40. Lots of pictures I didn't put up

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
Nice!!! It's been a couple of years since I been up there. You got me wanting to go back, like NOW!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to go back now! Buddy who stays there through the season said the heavy rains and front slowed things a little bit. Also my back and arms might go on strike. I went last year for the first time, having never fly fished before, and I was hooked. This year I broke the handle of my fly reel on my Palm trying to slow one down. Those fish are out of control. I really think k they make steelhead look like bluegill and muskie look like a 2 lb bass. Never would have imagined that I would set the hook and 30 seconds and 100 yards later, I would be reeling back in my empty line

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
Fantastic trip Steve. Terrific pictures. Those are some truly impressive fish on a flyrod. You did use your 5wt didn't you? :rolleyes: :D;) Now you can get back to the saugeyes.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Was wondering how things went after the picture you texted of a monster.:) what a awesome trip good thing only 3 days you need to get home to recover. Great pics memories for life to treasure.:)

·
Super Moderator
3,894 Posts
Looks like you have MUD SHARK FEVER lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
Looks like some fun for sure.My old school buddy invited me on friday to go up but i didnt get back till saturday from indiana fishing.Oh well theres always next year.Get out the smoker!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nice to see the size is back! For at least a decade or two, the size was pitiful. But now I see the rumors are true on them coming back larger. Looks like you had a blast. Next time bring more whisky and Ben-gay for the muscles, lol. I'm definitely planning a trip next year now...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Nice catch!

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
4,924 Posts
WOW!
Fantastic fish & pics,,,,
that sure beats our 8#-10# steelies! And I'd bet they smoke-up way better too! ;)

Question,,, I have family and friends that live near the UP of Michigan, 'The Dunes', Grand Traverse Bay,,,
Where/ what is a PM?
Thanks Again

1 - 17 of 17 Posts