close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Salmon - Olcott, Ny

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by fugarwi7, Jul 15, 2007.

1. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

Went to Olcott Saturday to slam a few salmon with some buddies and slammin' we did! Put 13 in the boat, biggest around 25#, a couple around 20# and many between 13-16#. We also had a few under 10# and only one shaker...several more hits that didn't connect and four break off's. Plenty of action for the first salmon trip of the year for me and for my buddies, their first trip ever...I think they are now spoiled!! We also had two doubles and one triple...talk about chaos!!! Our set-up was riggers between 45-60 down and dipsies on mono 140-160 back on 1.75 and 3.5 settings, respectively. We also ran ten colors down the middle with a small diver with a green spin doctor and green Howie fly. All set-ups took fish. Chrome NK spoons with variations of watermelon & veggie patterns produced best. We stayed in 80 -120' fow. I posted a few pics below. Heading back to Pt. Breeze August 22-25th...Can't wait!

First fish of the day
    [​IMG]

First salmon ever
    [​IMG]

Another first ever
    [​IMG]

Another nice one
    [​IMG]

Average size fish for the day
    [​IMG]

2. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Seriously nice fish there...I'm green with envy...! :D

3. Great Pics! Glad to see ya did so well.
    Heading to point breeze this friday! Now I can't wait to get there...

4. WTG fugarwi7! :) Those are some nice fish. Judging by the pics the wind and weather was perfect. July is a great time for salmon on Lake Ontario. Good choice of color on the spoons. I was going myself until a change of plans:(

Good Luck in August!

5. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

very nice catch. looks like your not that far from shore?? only a mile or 2 ???

6. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

I don't think we passed the two mile mark going out on our first troll and we fished inside that the rest of the day...and only worked our way east 3-4 miles of the river...you can see the power plant in the background of one picture...that was definitely our hot area.

7. Great looking pictures. I can't wait until we go up for our annual Salmon trip on the Niagra river.

8. Just Ducky

Just Ducky Member

I will be heading up to Olcott in a few weeks. Thanks for sharing!