close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Salmon flys

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by MadRad, Sep 22, 2005.

1. MadRad

MadRad Seasoned Member

A friend wanted me to go with him salmon/steelhead fishing up on the St. Joe River in Michigan mid Oct. He asked me to tie him some wooly boogers in black, chart., and pink. I also tied up some egg sucking leeches. Is there some other local good flys that I can tie for the trip? My bench is pretty well stocked and I am game to try about anything. Some advise would be appreciated.
    Rick :)

2. Madrad, we fish salmon every year and all I ever use is a Nuke Egg, they are really easy to tie ( 20 an hour) and when you snag fish and loose them 2 at a time, there cheap.
    For directions to popular steelhead and salmon ties, check out the local Miami Valley Fly Fishers website, www.mvff.us
    now click on Fly Tieing and then scroll down to steelhead flies ( which includes salmon flies)
    Good luck, Im headed up to the Pere Marquette in 2 weeks and my buddy from Indianapolis is actually guiding with someone from Chicago today on the St Joe! Lucky bastard.....
    Salmonid