close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Salem Reservoir

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Ray, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Ray

Ray

Never been there.What is the motor size?any resrictions?What is the lake like as far as depths,size,launching etc.What fish does it hold?Thanks a bunch,...Ray

2. Ray
    The Reservoir Is 97 Acres In Size, Electric Only No Gas Motors Allowed On Boats. Salem Drinking Water,the Depths Are At The East Dam Range From 20-40' At The Diversion Ditch. On The West Levee Depths Range From 15-20'. But The Average Depth Of The Lake Range 1-15'. The Fish: Channel Cats, Carp, Walleye, Bass, Panfish Are Plentiful. Live Bait Can Be Bought On Site, Any Questions Ph.(330) 222-2609. As Far As Lures Go For Bass, Plastics, Spinnerbaits, Crankbaits, And Topwaters Work Great. The Lake Has Brush Piles, Logs, Stumps, Trees And Grass. But You Will Have To Look For The Grass Beds This Year. It Is A Very Quiet And Peaceful Lake. Perhaps We Will Meet Each Other There. Hopethis Helps.

Tom

3. Ray

Ray

Tom,
    Guess what! I just sold one of those little 8 ft.bass boats for electric motor because it always stayed locked up in the horse trailer,never being used.Looks like I'll be out shopping again bcause I did kept
    the electric motor.I do have a 17 ft. canoue but my pick up has a tool box mounted in the bed and no way to haul a 17 footer.
    Thanks for the info on the lake.Sue and I may take a ride out today to take a look at it.Mean while,I'll be looking for something to put with my electric motor...take care....Ray

4. Sorry Ray,
    Forgot To Mention That They Don't Allow Canoes There,why Prob. An Insurance Thing. But They Do Have Boat Rentals, But If I'm There You Are Welcome To Fish With Me. I Have A 14' Crestliner Send Me A P.m. And We'll Hook Up. I Think You'll Like The Lake And How Quiet It Is.
    Tom