close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Salem Reservoir

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mbass8dor, Jul 3, 2004.

1. :d Went To Salem Res. For A While And Had A Good Day, 10 Bass And 4 Walleye And 2 Perch. The Bass Were 14"- 17" The Walleye Were 15"- 16.5" The Weeds Are Gone, No Problems Getting Bogged Down In Weeds This Year. Crankbaits Worked 10-12' Around Deep Weedbeds Produced All The Fish, Nothing Like Catching One Bass After Another With An Walleye Thrown In For Good Measures. Looking Foreward To Catching A Bigger Bass From Last Weeks 4#2 They're In There.

Tom

2. "J"

"J"

Man I only live 5 miles from that lake and haven't fished it in years, always caught a lot of bass there, they had always been on the thin side, caught a couple that were 18-19" and they would weigh in at a couple of pounds and be skinny as a rail. They used to have a bass tourney every year there it was an open and had a pretty good turn out if I remember right. I always did real well down on the s.w. part of the lake. What's the hot bait down there these days? I used to tear them up on a 6" motor oil mr. twister worm, go through a bout 20 worms a trip it was alot of fun then I got a bigger boat and had problems getting it on and off the trailer, but they had water level problems back then too if I remeber right. Did they ever redo the ramp down there?

3. I only live a few minutes away from Salem too! Never fished this resevoir but I've only lived up this way 9 years or so...

4. "J"

"J"

Well why don't we plan on getting together and make a day of it sometime. If the ramp will handle the larger boats that is. I'd like to see some of the fish these days. We can have our own ohiogamefishing get together. Hook up with the guy's in the area and have a little tourney or something.

5. I'd be game to to meet up with you guys and fish. Sounds like an excellent type place to night fish even. it's getting to be that time of the year!

6. HEY ''j'' and triton bill
    went out for 5 hrs today 28 bass 6 keepers 15"-16.5'' ALONG WITH 6 WALLEYE 15"-17.5" 3 CRAPPIE PERCH AND A HUGE SNAPPING TURTLE ON THE FOOT REAL FUN UNHOOKING THE THING IN THE WIND THANK GOD FOR GRIPPERS HA HA GRABBED THE SHELL IN THE BACK AND WITH PLIERS IN HAND ROD BETWEEN MY LEGGS FEELING LIKE AN CONTORTIONIST REACHING FOR THE HOOKS WHILE TRYING NOT TO GET NAILED BY THAT MOUTH. HE NEARLY GOT ME AND I GRABBED THE OAR THINKING OF BASHING HIM OVER THE HEAD, BUT THE WIND SHIFTED AND THE BOAT TURNED THE RIGHT WAY TO REMOVE THE HOOKS IT WAS FUNNY. THE FISH ARE IN THE DEEPER WEED BEDS FIND THE GRASS YOU WILL CATCH THE FISH. WORMS, CRANKBAITS, TOPWATERS AND JIGS WORK ALSO TRY THE SENKO. I WILL BE THERE NEXT SAT. AFTERNOON MAYBE I'LL SEE YOU THERE GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING.

TOM :D

7. I'm a regular at Salem Reservoir. Let me know when you guys are going to be there. Tom (mbass8dor) is also a regular and had a great day at Salem again today. 28 bass, 5 Walleye, 3 Crappie, 6 perch and a huge snapping turtle that he cut the line on. I fished from shore this evening for an hour and didn't do squat. FYI, Salem Reservoir is an electric motor only lake, and you are not allowed to have a gasoline motor or tank on your boat.

Scott

8. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

I havent fished the reservoir for a few years but i remeber the bass fishing was pretty good. A little tourney sounds like it would be fun!

"J" did you have fun wednesday on the river? its on fire this year :)

9. "J"

"J"

Hey Procraft the river is so hot I can't stand it, went down there with the kids and spent 6 hours hitting every spot that I normally catch fish on and not even a bite!!!! Oh well that's why they call it fishing. As far as the reservoir, are they allowing bass boats on it or do you have to rent one of theirs? I used to have a 16 foot terry with a 35 horse on it and they never had a problem with it but I guess that has all changed huh? All I have is the TR21 and that may not be allowed now?

10. Procraftboats21

like you said "J" they never use to care if you had a gas motor on your boat aslong as you used your electric, wonder when they changed this?

11. I only have a TR-20, no smaller boat so I'm out unless someone can take me in a smaller boat. If you find out it's ok as long as you ONLY use your electric motor let me know!

12. Procraftboats21

you can rent boats and trolling motors in the baithouse

13. Triton Bill,
    If You Don't Want To Rent A Boat I Have A 14' Crestliner And Would Welcome The Company, Let Me Know When You Want To Go Depending On My Wifes Schedule If She Has To Work On Sat. If So Sundays Work For Me. I Think A Tournament Would Be Fun, They Have A Picnic Area Also Maybe Have A Cookout. Big Boats May Have Trouble With The Ramp There But Absolutely No Gas Motors Allowed City Drinking Water Also Make Sure You Have An Orange Distress Flag Or Other Signalling Device O.d.n.r. Was Out There Last Year Checking For Violations Please Wear Your Life Vests While Moving.you Never Know When A Ranger Will Show Up Just Wanted To Give You The Heads Up, Hope To See You All There.

Tom

14. joe01

joe01 Functional Fisherman

Can you tell me how to get to salems res. coming from cleveland.