close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Safe Place to park truck off 77S below 77/70

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Carpn, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

Hey all, looking for some help. My family ( parents, siblings and significant others) are going to NC in Aug. I was wondering if there was somewhere safe to leave a vehicle ( Park and ride or something like that) off 77 S not too far below Cambridge. I was planning on meeting my sister and her husband there and having them ride with the wife and I to NC. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Jake

2. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I know you said below Cambridge, but I have always had luckk leaving a vehicle behind Bob Evans in Cambridge. The next exit below that I would try is Caldwell (I think thats it). I'm not sure if there is anything there to try. Marietta would definitely have a few places.

3. Hooch

Hooch Fare Thee Well!

Whenever we need to leave a car, we will try to find a hotel or motel parking lot.
    They are used to cars being parked overnight. It may not be the safest place, but it probably won't get towed.

4. Smallie Gene

Smallie Gene Banned

Carp'n, there is a spot just about 5 miles S of the 77-70 interchange, exit 37 I believe. It will say Seneca Lake/Buffalo/Pleasant City or something like that. Get off and take a right and there is a big pull off right there where I see a lot of cars. Some drunk might smash your window with a beer bottle but other than that, I think they would be kinda safe because thats a semi-busy area.

There is a Walmarts off of 209 in Cambridge.

But if it were me. right below the interchange is Byesville, take a right at the exit, go past the police station on the left and there is a apartment complex right behind it. Parking in apartment complex parking lots always works and this one is right behind the police station so one would think it was safe.

Or you could ask and see if anyone lives close to this area and will let you park around their place?

There is also a pretty busy Pilot station that you could park at in Caldwell (15ish miles below the interchange at X-it 25.

5. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

Thanks for the input guys. I was just looking at the fishing reports for Topsail island NC. The saltwater action has turned on and I can't wait to get there and put the boat in the water....