safe ice???

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by deadhead, Mar 15, 2008.

1. went by osp today saw two guys ice fishing. waaaaay out. the saw where somebody went through it. couple of DIE hards, i guess.

2. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

Deadhead...........after the weather events of this past week ( which were totally crazy)..........to venture out on to the ice........just very easily could be fatal....... Play percentages and say 2% get away with doing what they feel OK doing.......thats their choice........ that leaves 98% safely on shore saying OK....next year.....Only problem is, that if something goes bad for those 2%.......they will endanger the lives, of alot of others that are charged with their rescue......I looked at alot of gray "crappy" ice (in my travels today) with rotting shorelines........didnt see anything that would make me feel safe........REACHES A POINT.........THAT IT ISN'T WORTH BEING DEAD WRONG ABOUT.............Jon Sr.

3. You are but look at your friends!

4. phisherman

phisherman can't land em Teddy

Fished Devils Lake in SE MI on Saturday. 12 inches of ice,will be good for a while.

5. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

After this long winter.....and spring officially here thurs...... the only "ICE" I"m going to want to see for quite awhile, is stacked tall in a big tumbler of "CAPT. MORGAN" and COKE................"CHEERS TO ALL"..........