close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Safe Ice is back

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by phisherman, Jan 17, 2005.

1. phisherman

phisherman can't land em Teddy

A heads up to all hard water fisherman. The ice should be safe by this weekend at many bodies of water in NW OHIO and michigan. Get your tip-ups and jiggin rods ready. Remember every body of water freezes differently... be safe. LETS EAT

2. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

Be careful when heading out to fish the flood control reservoirs such as Milton, Berlin and West Branch. They will be lowering these back to normal Winter pool and they can become treacherous.

3. Was out at work today on the big lake. Iced up as far out as i can see. Hopefully another few weeks of cold like this and i'll be great. Never done the hardwater before but cabin fever is really setting in and i gotta get out. Hopefully some reports will come in and this forum will pick up a bit. It's been such a dead zone i think i might have to start the annual walleye run "is it snag is it not" debate again just to make sure everyone is still alive.

4. phisherman

phisherman can't land em Teddy

Hit a smaller pond in wood county yesterday. Got shutout. Ice is still a little questionable in some spots. It was about 3-3.5" of black ice. Couldn't move to all the spots i wanted to fish because of the ice conditions. Also the auger is about as dull as a butter knife, after about 20 holes I about had a heart attack. Still have a lot of bait left and am going to give it a shot on Sunday and/or Monday. Possibly Devils Lk. I hear they have a nice base of ice. No shanty though. What a perdicament.