Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some sad news to report. One of our long time members and dear, dear friends has been in an accident. TxTransplant (Gene) was involved in a serious motorcycle accident in Texas yesterday. Upon last report, he is in the surgical ICU in critical condition.

I have been in contact with his son Shawn and he asked me to post something here on the site. Any well wishes, good thoughts and prayers you could muster and send to Gene and his family would be greatly appreciated during this difficult time.

When Gene was here in Ohio, we fished together all the time, whether it was crappie or bass at Portage Lakes, Mogadore, or on the ice at Presque Isle Bay, night bite walleye, steelhead, whatever. I really appreciated the way he took Nick under his wing too and that last day at his place on Portage Lakes when he left for Texas was the longest, saddest boat ride of my life.

Just a few weeks ago, he was back in town, visiting his son Shawn, who is also a member here on OGF. I was lucky enough to take Nick and Sam over and spend the afternoon with him. We talked fishing and all the great times we had, and were even making future plans. He was working on coming back home to Ohio.

Anyway, as I said before, send some good thoughts his way. He and his family could sure use them. Below is a picture I took on his last visit.

Thanks Gene. Getting to know you definitely made me a better person.

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
hate to hear that news:(
he's in my thoughts,and in my hopes that they can get him on his feet again.
as bad as it may seem now,there's always hope.luckily in my years of riding,i never had a bad one,but a few friends have.took a couple of them a few weeks and months in a coma and a few years of rehab/recovery,but they came back from the brink to almost 100%:)
let's hope he'll be one of those stories.

·
Bud n Burgers
2,533 Posts
Thoughts and Prayers are with Gene, his friends and family. Man do I hate bad bike stories. There are way too many of them. Here's to hopes that Gene's turns out to be one of the better ones.

·
I AM THE VOICE OF REASON!
1,428 Posts
Gene,

Man I hate to here this stuff. Just an all round GREAT guy!

You and you're family in my prayers.

Dixie Chicken

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
This is tragic for this to happen to anyone. But Gene is one of the nicest guys you would ever meet. I hope he pulls through this.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Here's to making a full and speedy recovery. Prayers to Him and Family.

·
Registered
239 Posts
We just wanted to thank everyone for your kind words and prayers and especially Big Daddy for his post. We are flying down tomorrow and will keep Big Daddy in the loop so he can let you all know how things are going.

Thanks Again,
Shawn and Barb

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
TX......prayers sent out,im sure it took a couple prayers from our members for my recovery. GOD BLESS HUSKY

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Very sad news indeed. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his loved ones.

·
Woody in Akron
480 Posts
Thanks for your post Shawn and Barb...safe travels to you folks too. Thanks to Big Daddy for the original post. I survived a near fatal accident last October that (thankfully) disclosed some other problems I've had to have surgery and treatments to deal with...these groups and their prayers sure played a real part in my recovery...things have changed for me a bit, but I'm out fishing again. Hopefully they can do the same for Gene. In God's hands the things that appear the worst to us, can be the greatest blessings.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Good Fishing,
Woody in Akron
Portage Lakes/Coventry

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
Hope for a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Prayers.. for a quick uncomplicated recovery go out to Gene ...JIM.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys I worked with Gene here in Ohio. He is a great guy. I just spoke with him THUR. I hope he comes through this ok. Myself and his Barberton family are praying for and thinking of him. Any updates are greatly appreciated especially since we are so far away. Thanks.

Don Z.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No problem Don.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts