close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

s/w outing

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by traphunter, Feb 3, 2005.

1. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Is there going to be a s/w carp outing this year? Last years carp outing at rocky fork was pretty much a bust.

2. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Yeah, there will be one in July but the exact venue hasn't been decided yet (last I checked). The options were something like Kiser, and Paint Creek (Rattlesnake creek), I think.

Check CAGOhio.net

3. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

I think Paint crk. would be a good one, lots of bank space for atleast 50 anglers where Jack and I fished for channel cats in the spring. I know theres got to be loads of carp there too.

Scott

4. catking

catking Banned

I believe it will be Clark Lake . This lake has great bank access and a good number of carp. Paint was suggested, but being a CAG event, you almost have to hold the outing somewhere that wont blow out because of rain . And you all know Paint / Rattlesnake is probably the worst place in the state for blowing out . Paint Creek lake itself has no bank access enough for an outing ............. CATKING

5. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

"Paint Creek lake itself has no bank access enough for an outing ......."
    Hmmm...well i know where Paint Crk. hits the Res. theres probably a miles worth of bank space to fish right by your car. In the link below shows where i was fishing after it flooded, normally theres 30+ft. more bankspace between the road and the water...but even in these high water conditions, i could still hold 100+ yrds out with 1.5-2 oz. with no rolling. Jack has fished this spot alot and can back up my post as to the amount of space there is and how easy it is to fish it.

http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/catfish_hunters/Distance5

Whatever you guys decide is cool with me as i probably wont waste time fishing a SW event , seeing as the last one was a bust!

Scott

6. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

since i was the one who put up clark lake for SW ohio, i will definitely be there. fished there several times with several carp caught.. :)

7. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Where is this lake located? How far is it from Wilmington?

8. catking

catking Banned

Clark lake is up by CJ Brown , located by Springfield. On my map they have it listed as " Choctaw Lake " It's maybe an hour from Wilmington...THE CATKING !!!

9. crappielooker

choctaw is its own lake..its NOT the same lake..
    clark is just east of springfield..

10. catking

catking Banned

Thanks for clearing that up crappielooker. My map doesn't list a location for Clark, but Choctaw looks as if it would be right on top of Clark........ CK

11. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I wish we could have a southwest outing in the spring, July fishing is usually not very good.......

12. We could always organize a separate event for the southwest at Paint Creek in the spring if desired...wouldn't have to be an "official" CAG outing. Just a group of guys getting together to fish for carp. I'm always up for that. The southwest lacks a strong carp lake with adequate bank space, so it gets stuck in a less desirable summer month so that we can fish the better, more proven carp producers in the peak months. I like both Clark and Paint Creek (assuming Rattlesnake is where it would be???), but Clark definitely is more stable. It's a nice, small lake to fish. Size and numbers of fish i've caught has been similar from both lakes for me.

13. crappielooker

you know i'm always game for it.. if you guys are gonna show up.. :D

14. traphunter

traphunter Guest

I would definently be up for a seperate event at paint creek also. I have hooked into some huge carp at the spillway but I imagine there are alot of them in the lake also. Im already looking forward to it.:)