close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

S/T tournaments

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by DaleM, Apr 11, 2004.

1. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

WE will start our Sundays May 16th at O'Shaugnessy. We rotate every Sunday from O'Shaugnessy to Griggs stsrting times are 6:30 and end at 12:30. Limits are 5for a single and 6 for a 2- man team. Enrty is $20.00 per person w/ 100% pay back. the entry includes Big bass side pot. WEE also have a 50/50 raffle each tournaments with that money used for award plaques and expences. What ever is not needed goes towards the year end fish off, which is a two day event held in late Sept. Hope to see a Llot of you there this year.

Our Tuesday nighters at Griggs will start as soon as the City get the docks in place. These run from 6:00 until 9:00 or 9:30 depending on safe light. Entry is $15.00 per person, limit is 5 per person or per team. 100% pay back as well. 50/50 is also done at these.

Thanks everyone for supporting us all these yeasrs and looking forward to a great year.
    Any questions contact us @ dmille11@columbus.rr.com or Garrys1955@aol.com

2. JBJ

JBJ

Hey Dale. Have you started a thread anywhere for folks to work on getting partnered up for the S/T tourneys like we had talked about? It would be great if there was a thread where folks could post to find partners, full time or part time.

3. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Hey that sounds like the plan there JBJ . :D I may have an open seat a few times this year myself , but who knows .

4. JBJ

JBJ

That's exactly what I was talking with Dale about. My situation is that I am currently a non-boater and I won't be able to get all Tuesday nights and Sunday mornings off. I would like to make myself available to boaters that might need a partner when I have those times off from work. It's better than just camping out at the ramp in the odd chance that someone would like a partner. My thought also is that this could be a chance to involve more anglers. I am sure that there are some boaters and non-boaters that just don't think to participate because they do not have a partner.

I have no problems fishing with several different people over the course of the season. It might also be possible that I might find someone to partner up with on a regular basis and that would give me incentive to work harder at getting the tourney dates off that are needed.

5. DaleM

OK here you go. Anyone needing a partner or anyone that would like to partner up put your name on here and we'l try to hook you up with someone. Better hurry, we start May 16th. at O'shaugnessy.

6. JBJ

JBJ

I'll be fishing the BASS Federation regional that weekend. Figures!

If anyone needs a Tuesday night partner, just let me know.

7. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I am also looking for a partner. I am at OSU and don't have my boat up here and the tournaments back in Cincinnati are to far to drive to. If anyone is interested, let me know and we'll take Dale's $$ :D

8. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

I am also interested in the tourneys on sunday thats morning or evening . What is the HP limit at osha and griggs.

9. DaleM

unlimited HP on both fish. These are Sunday mornings from 6:30-12:30. I'd really be glad to have you join us. Lots of nice guys and a chance to win a little money. The first Sunday one is at O'shaugnessy on May 16th. I will be in Canada but my partner will be there to run it.

10. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

sounds like a good idea i will have to check on some items either get a trolling motor and use my boat or see if my buddy wants to do them in his of pair up with some one until i get the trollling motor on my boat. the morning deal would work great even if i have to work on sunday i can fish then go to work. if anyone needs a partner let me know or as soon as my boat is ready i may have an open seat.

11. BrianC

BrianC Bass Angling Guru

I heard that the Tuesdays may start tomorrow - can anyone verify before I lug all my gear to work with me?

Thanks!

12. DaleM

Nope they will not start until later, maybe a week or two anyway If Garry can get off work he'll hold them while I'm in Canada. If not When I get back, towards the end of the month. I'd say May 25th, looks like the date.

13. DaleM

Here's a tenative schedule for our Sunday tournaments. A few might change do to Open our club tournaments being held on the same date or times. Any changes will be posted here.

O'Shaugnessy **** Griggs
    5/16 ----------- 5/23
    5/30 ----------- 6/6
    XXX ----------- 6/20 June 13th. cancelled (open at Griggs)
    6/27 ----------- 7/4
    7/11 ----------- 7/18
    7/25 ----------- 8/1
    8/8 ------------ 8/15
    8/22 ----------- 8/25
    9/5 ------------ 9/12
    9/19 -----------------------------

All starting times are 6:30 AM unless there isn't enough light
    to safely start. All tournaments will be at least 6 hours long. Normal check in times will be 1 - hour before starting time. Entry fees are $20.00 per person including big bass. Team limits are 6 for a 2- man team. 5- for a single. Anyone having questions please contact me @ dmille11@columbus.rr.com. or Garry @ garrys1955@aol.com Thanks, Dale & Garry.

Please check back here for any up dates or changes .

14. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

How many boats do you usually have each sunday. This may work out good for me is there any age limit for my boat partner thought about using my 11yr old boy on days when i don't have to go to work after fishing.

15. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Dale & Garry usually have a good turn out with any where from 20-30 boats . If you could make it to some of them I gaurantee that you will be hooked . :) Their tournaments are very fun to fish and it seems that everyone is very happy that fishes them . I have rarely heard any complaints as far as the way they opperate or about any-one being unsportsman like at their events . :)

16. DaleM

Fish, as Hydra said we get any where from 25-30 boats sometimes more. As for age! any youngster 12 and under fish free. They are welcome anytime! Hope to see you at them, Dale

17. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

looking for a trolling motor if i get it and get it installed by the 16th i will fish it on may 16th and then have to be at the air port to fly to chicago by 5pm sunday night.

18. Hey guys. I just want to let everyone know that the Tuesday nighters will start once Dale gets back. We are real busy at work and i am just afraid something will come up and i won't be able to get off work. Sorry....

Sunday tournament is on for this Sunday at O'Shaughnessy. 6:30 AM to 12:30 PM.

See ya Sunday
    GarryS.

19. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

how did the tourny go any info.

20. Is Griggs on the 23rd still a go? I know the water is insanely high and muddy...