Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Nice boat and I like your mods. I also have a toon you can check my member gallery to see it. How do you like your fishfinder? What type of transducer do you have? How did you make your rod storage?

I am thinking of getting a Humminbird PiranhaMAX 230 Portable for my toon. It has a suction cup transducer and a bobber transducer. I figure I could use it on my boat and also use it on rented boats. I like the bobber so I can check out areas without having to run over them. I am also going to add some rod storage to my boat - probably a milk crate with pvc tubes.

How do you get your boat from the car to the waters edge? I only have my boat since last April and I haven't found a good way to transport it on land. I did purchase a used golf bag cart, but I haven't mastered it yet.

Can't wait to get the boat out on the water.

BlueWater

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice boat and I like your mods. I also have a toon you can check my member gallery to see it. How do you like your fishfinder? What type of transducer do you have? How did you make your rod storage?

I am thinking of getting a Humminbird PiranhaMAX 230 Portable for my toon. It has a suction cup transducer and a bobber transducer. I figure I could use it on my boat and also use it on rented boats. I like the bobber so I can check out areas without having to run over them. I am also going to add some rod storage to my boat - probably a milk crate with pvc tubes.

How do you get your boat from the car to the waters edge? I only have my boat since last April and I haven't found a good way to transport it on land. I did purchase a used golf bag cart, but I haven't mastered it yet.

Can't wait to get the boat out on the water.

BlueWater
Thanks.

The fishfinder is new to me so I'm still trying to figure the thing out. It's an Eagle Cuda 242. So far I can't tell if I'm looking at fish or what while I'm out there.:confused: My transducer is just one of the normal ones that usually attach to the boat. Mine is attached to the piece of PVC hanging off the side of the boat. The bobber ones sound like they would do the trick. That's a good idea to see the bottom without having to run over it.

I just attached the PVC to the milk crate with those little plastic strappy things. It seems to do a decent enough job now. I also attached the milk crate itself to the deck that way. I really like having the ability to take a few rods out with me.

As far as transporting it from car to water I just carry it. Part of the reason I went with this model is that it only weighs 50 lbs. I can carry pretty easily down to the water.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Nice Rig, not to change the subject, but do Pontoon boats have to be licenced, Buckdog, didn't see any numbers on yours, thats why the question.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice Rig, not to change the subject, but do Pontoon boats have to be licenced, Buckdog, didn't see any numbers on yours, thats why the question.
yes they do. anything with two or more air chambers need to be registered. you can probably see the stickers in the photos but i haven't figured out a way to do the numbers yet. i know i need to.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Buckdawg,

Check out my member photo gallery, I used vinyl siding to attach my reg. numbers to my Toon. The straps fit great through the slots on the siding and the numbers sit out of the water. I will try to attach a pic here, but if you do not see it here check my member gallery. I think I paid about $4 for the vinyl siding at Lowes and I cut it to size. I added the siding to both sides of the pontoon.

Let me know if you have more Toon questions.

BlueWater

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Buckdawg,

Check out my member photo gallery, I used vinyl siding to attach my reg. numbers to my Toon. The straps fit great through the slots on the siding and the numbers sit out of the water. I will try to attach a pic here, but if you do not see it here check my member gallery. I think I paid about $4 for the vinyl siding at Lowes and I cut it to size.

Let me know if you have more Toon questions.

BlueWater
Thanks. that's a good idea. sounds pretty durable which is what i was struggling with.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Good idea with the numbers. I have canvas envelopes so I just wrote them on with a magic marker. My stickers are laminated and are hanging from my oar locks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts