close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rushcreek

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jwebb, Jul 22, 2008.

1. jwebb

jwebb One man wolfpack

Anyone heading out there this weekend? I think me and my brother in law are going to hit it up. I've never been there before, but I'm always up for trying new spots. I know its unlimited hp out there now and all we have is electric, so I'm hoping we don't get pushed around too much. From what I'm reading on here it doesn't seem like anyone is hauling in too many big bass, so hopefully I can break that trend Saturday.

2. Is it unlimited now?

3. jwebb

jwebb One man wolfpack

When I was talking to my bro in law last night thats what he said. We are going to try and get out super early and find a nice spot.

4. I'd double check that info as I don't believe that it is unlimited now.It was 10 hp limit there and I can't find any info on where they have increased it.But if you are using electric it doesn't matter anyway.

5. jwebb

jwebb One man wolfpack

You're right, I looked it up and it is 10 hp limit. We were just worried with guys zooming past us and pushing our little john boat around.

6. can't say I blame you one bit.Hopefully the crappie & bluegills will be on for you.Good luck.

7. 1sick1

1sick1 One more cast ?

I've been there many times. This time of year never see alot of bass come out but we usually go for cats in the hot months. Decent size channels if you know where to find them. Lots of standing timber all around lake you may like to try....it drops fairly fast into deep water at a few spots that we have marked fish on but didn't get bites. For channels we wind drift creek chubs off bottom with sliding sinkers & floating jig heads and do fairly well.

It is 10hp limit but an electric with good battery will do you fine.

8. jwebb

jwebb One man wolfpack

Thanks for the info sick. Whether we catch anything or not, I'm just excited to be getting out on the water again. Bank fishing in the Cbus area has not been friendly to me so far this year.