Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've been out a few times the last week in my boat, and my son has been shore fishing quite a bit - The lake seems to have dropped off this last week - very little action.

·
Loves to fish!
83 Posts
My son-in-law and I were on Rushcreek lake Friday evening and caught five small largemouth (12-15") around submerged timber in 12-15' of water from 6-9PM.

This is my first year to bass fish there from a boat and I have yet to figure out a pattern that consistently produces fish. I have to admit that I don't have much experience fishing for bass where there is deep water present. Most of the bassin' that I've done is close to shore near structure and that doesn't work much there after the water warms up.

I've added some deep diving crankbaits, jigging spoons and vibrating blades to my tackle and hope to learn how and where to use them before the water cools down. I haven't made time to try any finesse techniques either. It's hard to break old habits!

Oh! yeh . . . we caught a bunch of small channel cats and a few bullhead after dark, but I think that anyone can do that at Rushcreek, any day of the week!

·
get the net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
125 Posts
My son-in-law and I were on Rushcreek lake Friday evening and caught five small largemouth (12-15") around submerged timber in 12-15' of water from 6-9PM.

This is my first year to bass fish there from a boat and I have yet to figure out a pattern that consistently produces fish. I have to admit that I don't have much experience fishing for bass where there is deep water present. Most of the bassin' that I've done is close to shore near structure and that doesn't work much there after the water warms up.

I've added some deep diving crankbaits, jigging spoons and vibrating blades to my tackle and hope to learn how and where to use them before the water cools down. I haven't made time to try any finesse techniques either. It's hard to break old habits!

Oh! yeh . . . we caught a bunch of small channel cats and a few bullhead after dark, but I think that anyone can do that at Rushcreek, any day of the week!
from past exp.this time of year its good to throw an all white spinner bait with white tamdum willow leaf blades,booyah is what i use but my guess is any good spinner bait will work,the fish will be suspended over the river channel around 5-10 ft. of water.

·
Loves to fish!
83 Posts
Thanks for the tip dillon_basser!

I had hoped to do some bassin' there yesterday afternoon but couldn't get out of work soon enough. My nephew and I did some catfishing from shore there last night and caught a bunch of channels including some nice 20 - 24" on cube-steak and shrimp.

Have you ever noticed how long and skinny the catfish are there?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts