close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

rush run

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by steveg11943, Feb 15, 2009.

1. steveg11943

steveg11943 steveg

Rush Run has melted .Iam going try Acton Lake Monday around 11:00 or 12:00 to find some fish if I can get on the lake and its not too windy, any suggestions?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  2. Hey Steve, I couldn't tell if you were fishing Rush Run or Acton...Rush Run seems like it might warm up faster and you could pretty much work the whole lake and figure something out. Acton...they could be way up north near the ramps, or way down south, near the dam in the old river channel, or maybe somewhere in between - I would not know where to start...so I'll just wait a while and do my early fishing in Kentucky or in Illinois on a power plant lake, where the water is already warmed up. Good luck and let us know what you find out...

3. steveg11943

steveg11943 steveg

Too cold for me .I just drove up to Rush Run ,fished off the bank for a while , good thing I had not notice there is still alot of ice around the banks.I will just wait till March.By the way we are trying to have a tournament in March around the 28th , if weather permits.I will give more info the closer we get to March 28th tournament.

4. Hillbilly910

Hillbilly910 Team Bowman/Sayres

if ya dont mind, fill me in on this tournament. Me and a buddy plan to do a considerable amount of competitve fishing this year, and we have nothing booked in march yet.

:G

5. steveg11943

steveg11943 steveg

small tournament 5-10 boats/$15.00 per person /optional $5.00 big fish pot per boat/5 fish limit/ large/smallmouth bass only/artificial bait only/100% pay back/i will have more details later or if you have more questions just post them, hope to see you there

6. Hillbilly910

sounds like fun, but just to clarify, is this at rush run(my "dead sea", unfortunately, LOL)?
    Definately keep me informed. Some time on the weekend im assuming?

7. steveg11943

steveg11943 steveg

No it will be at acton lake (hueston woods)march 28th if weather permits, if its not too cold,our tournaments are pretty simple,fun and competitive, we have a couple of guys from here that show up and fish with us.acton lake is a 10hp limit lake only,so unless you have a 10hp or less motor you will have to use your trolling motor,like most of us.we will post all the rules in march ,talk to you later

8. Hillbilly910

Ok, sounds great. And i am thrilled its at acton instead of rush run, Lord i have a better chance of catchin bass in a mud puddle than rush run!
    Yeah, we have gotten used to trolling that lake, kinda hard to pass off the 115 tower of power as a 10hp motor.
    Keep me informed, looking forward to it.